Let us explore more!
What is React Native?
In the world of thrilling mobile apps, developers stand by React Native and its ability to support both iOS and Android platforms. With single coding, React Native app development can be made available on both platforms. It is a popular framework which is backed by Facebook and has a humongous community support.
React Native is a framework which constructs hierarchy of UI components for building the JS code. To build native mobile applications, it has a unique set of components for both the platforms.
The React Native development journey has been thrilling. It was initialized by Facebook with its Hackathon project in 2013. Since then it has become one of the most adopted frameworks for mobile apps. It also was announced in 2015 that React Native will be made available on Github.
Features of React Native
- Code it once and use it everywhere- one of the top reasons to prefer React Native is because its codes can be used in cross platforms.
- Focus on UI design- It is focussed on UI design making it responsive. Its rendering abilities also are by far the best.
- Strongest community in terms of cross-platform app development- As we have seen, the community is increasing and with Facebook’s interventions it is bound to touch greater lengths.
- Shorter development time- The React Native development time is considerably shorter
- Immense support for third party libraries- This is surely a great supporting feature giving the developers a choice.
- Node Package manager for installation- This makes the installation easier as developers believe that installation can give them a hard time.
- GPU-oriented applications- Most native applications are CPU oriented but React Native is GPU oriented leading to better performances.
- Live reload- This feature provides a two-way feature or two screens, one to modify the code and the other to see the modification.
Popular apps using React Native
With increasing popularity of React Native there are several mobile applications that have been sturdily built on React Native development. Let us explore them:
1) Facebook ads manager: This is the first holistic React Native cross platform built by Facebook. T The interface is neat, UX is intuitive and the navigation breezy that gurantees a seamless experience to the users.
2) Instagram: Instagram app has an easy user interface which means that adopting a new technology platform was easier for them. But with React Native, the app became easy to maintain on both the platforms.
3) Bloomberg: Bloomberg is a finance app that provides global news. Before React Native app development, the company had wasted a lot of time in first developing and then updating the versions of iOS and Android app.
4) AirBnB: This is yet another popular app built on React native development. The development team of AirBnB also prefers it because of its reusable code system architecture which makes it easy to refactor.
5) Gyroscope: Another revolutionary app is Gyroscope which has a health kit enabling its users to track their steps, heart rate and also display a spectrum of activities like meditation, weight loss and much more. With React native development, the interface has become a cake walk!
6) Myntra: It displays features that guarantees superior User Experience.Mobile app shopping is convenient thanks to React Native app development.
7) UberEats: UberEats had gone for React app development mainly for UI and UX.
8) Discord: In this app 98% of the code is shared between iOS and Android apps which is a great way to show how React Native development is wonderful for cross-platform app development.
9) Discovery VR: A VR platform that brings adventure on an app through Virtual reality or 360 videos. The UI of the app is coded in React Native which offers a seamless VR experience to its users.
10) Townske: Another singular platform which as a link between local travel guides and avid travellers. The company had already been using React Js for its front end, and wanted to continue its usage owing to some good experience it recorded. React Native mobile app development was a conscious decision.
React Native development has some big names attached to it which is why an increasing number of people are associating themselves with it. It has gained popularity and has bright future prospects compared to several frameworks available.